Friday, September 10, 2010

America's Got Talent 2010

Alright, I haven't watched any previous seasons of this show, but I've watched this season since it's first audition. I told myself I wouldn't even use a blog for this type of thing, but I just can't contain myself.


I am excited about this competition.


My favorites of this whole competition have been: Anna and Patryk, Murray, and Prince Poppycock. Only the Prince made it in to the top 4. (Murray should've been in there, but man, that train trick was a bit boring compared to Grasso.)


And here I provide my analysis of the top four:


1) Michael Grimm: I really like his voice. He's a great singer. However, I do not think this is his show, but I am totally glad to see him up there in stead of Taylor Mathews. If he doesn't make it? He'll have a solid career anyway.
2) Fighting Gravity: Cool light tricks, cool stuff. Reminds me of Theatre Tech kids, but I dig their originality and showmanship. They haven't been my favorite act, but, even if they don't win, they'll take the Jabberwocky route and end up in Vegas anyway, or maybe tour around with the Blue Man Group.
3) Jackie Evancho: See, here's where I get a little frustrated. Great singer. PHENOMENAL. I get it. I honestly think AGT should have an age restriction of at least 15 years old. The thing about her great talent at such a young age is that she just stands there singing. She isn't an ACT. She isn't a SHOW. She's a little girl, and her character and personality haven't been extracted into any sort creative essence. She definitely deserves recognition, she definitely has a beautiful voice. But no one is going to pay to see her in Vegas or in a tour led by Jerry Springer- nor should anyone want a ten year old girl to be wrapped up in such things.
4) Prince Poppycock: The best act. I LOVE this guy. Sassy, talentedthis guy is FUN. In addition to being a very talented vocalist, he brings his own flair and creativity and art to the stage. He deserves to win and deserves to be in Vegas. He is a SHOW and would ticket sales would be through the roof if he took a stage. Not to mention, he's been wanting this for a very, very long time.


There's my analysis of the top four. I'll be voting for Poppycock on Tuesday. Remember, you can potentially vote up to 30 times- 10 online, 10 via phone, and 10 via text if you're an AT&T subscriber.

Thanks for listening! I won't post anything this embarrassing ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment